LBC Beginnings

To: "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: LBC Beginnings
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 23:10:15 -0500
When I was 15 I had a Ford Falcon that had a blown engine. I put a used
engine in it and found that it lacked compression. I sold it for $90 and
bought a 1957 Hudson Metropolitan. I drove it for a good time until it was
totalled by a drunk who turned left in front of me. Fortunately, my friend
Larry was only minorly injured. I was unharmed. My next car was a Bugeye
that I bought for $100. We towed it home with a rope. I got it running and
my love of LBCs was carved in stone.

It was an ulgy car but looked OK with a spray can paint job. A piece of
carpet kept the rain out from the holes in the floorboards. I remember doing
donuts with it in my high school parking lot on the night of a dance. Larry
said, "It is illogical, it does not compute, centifical force will rip us
apart!!!"

We had a lot of fun looking for snake signs (the warning signs for curves in
the road) back then. My crowd had a MG TD, MGB, my Bugeye, and a Corvair. As
Bruce would say "Glory Days".