Re: coils Re: LBC problems

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: coils Re: LBC problems
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 08:31:29 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Well at 19°F this morning...maybe I'm just lucky...
but OBie has been starting relatively easy.
I've found just cranking away on the starter never really gets him going.
First a procedure...than the stats of my ignition system.

1) I normally just pull the choke all the way out.
turn the key for 1-2 seconds just to move the oil around
and wake him up.
2) I wait about 3-8 seconds while I put on my seat belts and get
situated on the cold vinyl seat.
3) Give the key a second blip for a max of 3 seconds.
4) If no fire up on #3 above....wait 3-5 seconds... push the gas peddle
down about half way.
5) Hit the key again, and he fires right up.
6) pump the peddle a little and back off on the choke a bit
and he idles normally at around 1200-1500 rpm.
7) I drive off right away as I can let it almost idle for a 1/4 mile or
so as I motor out of the court to the main street.

I've been running the open style K&N filters (logo plate) AAA needles
the Pertronix elec ign. module, Lucas Gold Coil, 180°C thermostat
and an oil cooler with a cardboard shroud installed for the cold season.

I only have to drive about 1-3/4 miles to work at 40mph...four stop lights.
Even this morning, the temp gauge was sitting on N just before I
 got to work  with the choke still out about 1/8 of the way.

I must just be lucky... or OBie is happy with me for taking such good care of
him.
and is repaying me.

Granted OBie is Lil' Greenee's big brother, and my year round daily driver.
... but this morning.... I started her just to check the battery...
she fired up in less than 3 seconds! Shocked the heck out of me!
Is She just trying to tell me SHE should be the one I drive?    :-)

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com
OBie - '73 BGT - daily driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - corner ripping screamer
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - lady killer
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html