Nuthin' But LBC!(Little JSB)

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Nuthin' But LBC!(Little JSB)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 20:26:04 -0500
Hello all..

So, I'm in the midst of installing 'new' shocks on the Midget. LH side goes
very well, then it's the RH...can't access the bolts with the expansion
tank in the way (it's a '77 1500), so out it comes,  by removing the
holding strap, then it's "how does the mounting plate secure to the car"?
Discover two bolts holding it to the inner 'frame' rail, then discover yet
another bracket from there to the shock! I was shocked! What would anyone
guess the purpose of this bracket would be? Seems one could re-install the
expansion tank mounting without it. Hmm, comments?

Lottsa fun eBay arrivals, including a '63? Midget brochure. Can't determine
the usual print dates, but it's obviously for the introduction of the 'new'
Midget. Publication # E 6134? Cover caption "The New MG Midget - the car
that starts ahead". Folds out into a spectacular 6 panel/both sides piece,
excellent period art. Plan to have a colour photocopy made, have it dry
mounted, and up on that blank space on the garage wall!

FWIW, we had yer major snowfall Monday - 35 cm/14". Snowblower (a
Honda!...this is the Japanese Snow Blower portion) left sitting unloved,
unmaintained (may the mechanical gods forgive me) for nigh on 2 years..two
pulls, and away it went. I'm impressed, or at least was until at 2/3 of the
job at hand, it ground to a sudden pulley-belt-burning stop. Now IT'S the
garage focus...(seems to be the auger brake sticking....) does Haynes make
a manual? ;-) Maybe on eBay?

Terry 'Self-deprecating' Williams