Re: sorry, too time consuming (NO LBC)

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: sorry, too time consuming (NO LBC)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 14:34:59 -0500
Cc: Peter Fazio <pfazio1@rochester.rr.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
It seems pretty obvious to me that this is a lot more than a group of
gearheads with nothing to discuss but their cars.  One of the things
that I have always loved about this hobby/passion/compulsion is the
people who are attracted to it.  Eccentric, ecclectic, gregarious,
sometimes crabby, and from all walks of life.  When it's too cold, (or
too laden with road salt) for us to be enjoying (and finding troubles
with) our cars, we tend to talk about other things.

Sometimes this group is like a lecture hall, where everybody's listening
to one or two people expound on a subject of interest to all.  Sometimes
it's a cocktail party with a dozen or more different conversations going
on at once.  Some people prefer to ignore the other conversations
(delete 100 or so messages), others prefer to wander around and
participate in many of them, or just listen in, and some folks leave
until the party calms down a bit, or turns back into a lecture hall.
All are valid things to do.

I suppose that the answer to your question is, yes some people do think
there's something wrong with doing that, but not everybody.  What's the
point of being here? The point is that one has the choice.