Crossflow considered

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Crossflow considered
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:34:47 -0800 (PST)
It was nice to hear from a fellow 1275 owner in the central valley who has
had good luck with a set-up similar to what I am considering.
One thing crosses my mind, doesn't that cross pipe have a rather
considerable surface area presented to a reasonable flow of air?  I know its
not a thin little high efficiency radiator tube, but it is one comapratively
large, fairly thin metal pipe full of hot water. It must add measureably to
the overall efficiency of the system. The surface area of the two cores
looks to be about equal.
                                Regards, Glen Byrns