Re: Clutch cylinder sizes

To: <JustBrits@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch cylinder sizes
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 14:37:55 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
From <JustBrits at aol.com>
To: <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Sent: 21 January 2000 01:15

> In a message dated 01/20/2000 1:22:28 PM Central Standard Time,
> rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net writes:
>
> << so I think I have got the wrong
>  combination to go with the MGA master cylinder (7/8 inch). >>
>
> So WHAT and from whom did you buy, Rob??
>
> Cheers............
>
>          Ed
>
> (Who is just not clarvoient enough to be able to questions without part
#s)

The MGA master is the same as the later 'double' master that was fitted to
the first 1098 (?).  New cast 3/4 inch bore ones were £213 ($350 ish) at the
local brake shop, compared to £80 for this one.  I think the phrase is " WE
TIGHT!"  I bored out a 3/4 one on the lathe but couldn't get a fine enough
finish to get a set of 7/8 pistons/seals to work.  Screwing around with
brake parts is fun until the inevitable incident occurs.  I have fitted 12
inch drums to my Morris 8/MG P-type special and am near to finishing the
twin-leading-shoe set-up.  Should be good when it is finished!