Re: Panhard Rods. How?

To: DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: Panhard Rods. How?
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 07:26:22 -0600
Cc: mikeg@vicnet.net.au, rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
David, I was wondering what a "rose joint" was myself. Was that what the special
pink rolling papers that Cheech and Chong used was for?? When I messed with the
R.C. cars for a while I had these little ball and socket type rod ends that
connected the control arms. The outer ring of the socket threaded onto the
control rod while the socket (which rotated freely in the ring) had a hole in it
to bolt the assembly to the car and/or steering part. This gave the control rod
movement of a sort ( I am assuming that it has a purpose other that dressing up
the car) maybe to help prevent some stress? I have sketched up kinda how it
looked and will send it to you, and anyone else interested for that matter. When
I had a pair of these on the control arm, I used a allthread rod with different
threads on each rod end with a turnbuckle adjust in the center. This gave me
alignment adjustment from the center and it was quick to do. I am assuming you
could change your lateral movement on the car with the same type of
adjustment??  I'm no mathmatician so when I read all these posts with the
equations and such I scratch my head and read them a couple of times but I
usually feel pretty lost. Just tell me what works and how it's done. I'll leave
the great discoveries to minds greater than mine! <G>