Re: gearshift

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: gearshift
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:00:50 -0500
Cc: Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank Clarici wrote:

> Glen Byrns wrote:
> >
> > Is it a common practice to cut down the shift lever on a bugeye?
>
> I cut a few of mine down, it's pretty straight forward if you have a
> hacksaw and a tap/die set. Don't go too short.

  I have cut gearshifts down before using a, ahem, faster method.

  If the gearshift has a boot when installed, I just take out
a section of the middle and weld the ends together. Do it all
underneath the boot, and you are none the wiser.

  You can also do the reverse, put a piece in.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca