Re: Tranny tunnel differences?

To: adrian@workgroup.net
Subject: Re: Tranny tunnel differences?
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:36:29 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Adrian,

Never having put a Datsun heart lung transplant in a Midget, I'm no
expert here.  I have spoken to some owners who have done it.  They were
all pre 1500, though.  Be prepared to replace both the exhaust manifold
with a header, and the intake and carb with a side draft set up.  Datsun
downdraft carb sets up too high under the engine hood.  There used to be
a lot of speed stuff available for these engines, so I suspect that this
sort of stuff is still kicking around.

The Datsun uses a water heated stock intake manifold and exhaust manifold
heated air intake, so a side draft might affect the cold driveability
some.

Good luck.

Paul
PAsgeirsson@juno.com