bummer! some lbc!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: bummer! some lbc!
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 08:59:28 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
well hour and a half ago i was going to leave for the tech session in new
york at ed hausman's shop.    stuck key in ignition of my trusty steed, and
click-click!  dead batt.!   i had made arangements to pick up morgan parts
from larry eckler and was bringing pair of morgan fenders up to be used as
examples of what can happen from long term stress(from customer's race '62
morgan in shop).  it was bad enough that my friend's mother died late this
last week and he was going with me to seminar but,  he was not going to be
able to attend today due to his family comitments due to his mom's passing
away.  so i decided that i was going to do the 3-4 hour drive myself without
my usual traveling companion.  this trip just must have been not suposed to
happen!  i am bummed out big time!   ed hausman and i spent 2&1/2 hours
chatting long distance on the phone the other night and found out we had a
lot in common.  harley's , metal fabrication concepts,  restoration, and
then some.  we have never met and were looking forward to meeting!

jump start my van you say?  not gonna happen, batt. froze and split the darn
case!  man, of all the things to happen.  i was going to leave at 7am.  8:45
now.  think i'm gonna spend the day running errands with wife's car(like
getting a new batt!).   norristown, now if i have money left after getting
bilked for a new ESU(electric storage unit, i have always found that one
funny )  i might try for a tomorrow trip?

what will my van try to tell me next? "daddy, it's cold and i don't want to
go anywhere untill spring"?  at 286,000 miles it has developed a mechanical
sort of personality.   but, it cannot be replaced!  have you seen the prices
of used full sized conversion vans with v-8 power?  way out of my reach!

chuck.
today's recipe: stuffed toyota a-la-chuck!  or how to stare at your knees
while trying to hold a steering wheel in traffic.  joy.........not!