Front suspension

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front suspension
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 10:14:38 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi guys!

2 questions:

I have succeeded in removing one coil spring and am following the Hayne's
manual.  They suggest removing the wheel hub and brake disc "before"
disconnecting the damper and control arm.  Is this a necessary order of
things?  I would prefer to take the whole thing off as one assembly and
bring it into the 'warm' basement.

I have succeeded in removing one coil spring so far.  The 4 1/2 inch bolt
seemed way too long.  Is there a method for measuring the strength of these
things?  I am assuming that I will be able to find the appropriate rating in
one of these books.

( I have also managed to get grease on my parka and boots. :( )

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette
RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca