Re: Did someone say Antifreeze? I don't need no.....

To: michael.graziano@csfb.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Did someone say Antifreeze? I don't need no.....
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 23:53:02 EST
In a message dated 02/14/2000 5:32:47 PM Mountain Standard Time,
michael.graziano@csfb.com writes:

>  How good are freeze out plugs?  Do they
>  really work?

As I understand it, freeze plugs are actuthere to plug holes necessary for
casting the block and are not really designed to "save" a block from freezing
water.   Check the dipstick for milky oil, fill it up with coolant and crank
it up.  Check the oil again after a few minutes.  If youve cracked the block,
head, or pushed out a freeze plug, you'll know soon enough.

I've actually never seen one of these plugs push out.  They usually rust out
and leak first.

Just my opinion, but you got nothing to lose at this time........

Robert Houston...been there, done the dumb stuff too...