Re: A wierd one for ya... (Chock full o' LBC)

To: Greg Gowins <cartman@dnai.com>
Subject: Re: A wierd one for ya... (Chock full o' LBC)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 01:54:48 -0500
Cc: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Greg Gowins wrote:
> having my Sprite stripped to bare metal and painted, I've decided to do most
> of the prep work myself and have the shop shoot the final layers on.

  From my experience, the paint is a lot easier than the prep. The
very first car I sprayed came out just dandy.

  For what it's worth, I painted my MGB with two quarts of
primer and three quarts of paint.

  I would recommend using a LOT more primer, nothing beats
thick build primer for getting it glassy smooth.

  I also went through about ten misc sheets of sandpaper
for the jitterbug sander, 2 packs of 5 strips for the
straight line sander (air file).

  Throw in a quart or so of pre-kleener, and a half
dozen tack rags.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca