Re: Electronic Ignition dizzy

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
Subject: Re: Electronic Ignition dizzy
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:31:28 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Not as silly as it sounds.  Last time I had ign trouble my dyno guy said the
module or distributor looked suspect as the 'scope showed a funny spike.
Problem was the spike only went funny at high (6K) rpm and only replacing the
module (cheaper than the distributor) confirmed that it (not the electronic
gubbins inside the distributor) was on its way out.  The manufacturer no
longer makes that unit (it was less than 10 years old) and had not suitable
test rigs for checking it.  You need an competent auto/tech electrician to
tell you what is wrong with it but anyone will tell you it can't be fixed.

A similiar unit or the guts from one is the other obvious alternative.

Daniel1312