Fw: Great American Gas Out (No LBC)

To: "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Great American Gas Out (No LBC)
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 09:38:15 -0500
----- Original Message -----
I had an independent gas station back in 1972. When the gas shortage started
in 1973, my monthly allotment went from unlimited ( usually 30, 000 gallons
a month) down to 9,000 gallons a month. I let my help go and only opened two
or three days a week. (We weren't open on Sundays back then!)

I thought that it was kinda funny that America used 9,000,000 gallons of
fuel a DAY(!!!) during the Vietnam conflict and all of a sudden we were
pulling out and now we had a fuel shortage. Go figure!!

Face it, the big boys set the prices. They are up now to finance more
domestic exploration and to get the automaker's CAFE ratings in line. It is
out of wack due to the 4X4 craze.  We'll have another round of surging
economy car sales due to the price increase. After the auto manufacturers
get in line with their CAFEs then the price of gas will settle again. Have
you noticed how many car makers have the high efficiency hybreds ready to go
at outrageous prices?

My .02

Kent