Re: New Spridget Bodies

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Spridget Bodies
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 15:29:24 -0500
Martyn Ridley wrote:

> At 11:44 27-02-00 -0500, Wiedemeyer wrote:
> >Awhile back, I think someone mentioned that Heritage (or someone else) is
> >making "new" Spridget bodies with the old molds.  Does anyone have any info
> >on this, like what year the bodies correspond to and the price?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Bob
> >

> I am not aware that Heritage is doing 1/4 elliptic spring cars.  I believe
> they may still do the 69-72 (square arch) body.  However Archer's garage
> are doing new units for Speedwells that could be easily adapted to early cars.
>
> Martyn
> The Journey, not the destination, becomes a source of wonder.
>          (Loreena McKennitt - liner notes - 'The Book of Secrets')

Actually, it is the other way around. A firm in England are doing new
Frogeye bodyshells. They are called Wheeler and Davies. Brian Archer
will take one of these shells and turn it into a Sebring Sprite for you
(not a Speedwell).

Heritage does make the later chrome bumper 1/2 elliptic shells. Last I
looked they cost $4,000.

Daniel