Exhaust Pipe Diameter

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhaust Pipe Diameter
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 21:06:07 EST
I was just reading through Vizard's book and came apon the exhaust section.
I'm running the monza exhaust that vb and moss sell.  It's a little loud and
the pipe form the header is getting a bit.... holy, I think it's the
originial pipe, as was the muffler.  I've got the pacesetter 3 into 1 header
also.  What I'm wonderings is if anyone else is running a similiar setup.
What I've though about doing is changing pipe diameter to 1 3/4" or 1 7/8"
and putting on either a Thrust glass pack with 2" diameter about 23" long or
a 1 3/4" diameter and 17" length.
Can anyone recommend a different setup?  I've read about the RC-40 and would
love one, but hey I'm a little tight in the wallet department. (we tight,
right?)

Thanks
Matt Smith
'67 Sprite