Re: Maestro engines for Spridgets

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Mike & Kerry Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Subject: Re: Maestro engines for Spridgets
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:50:54 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
From Mike & Kerry Gigante <mikeg at vicnet.net.au>
To: rob thomas <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Sent: 02 March 2000 02:45

> I have a couple of Spridget and Ital engines in the shed. Let me know
> exactly which
> dimensions you need and I'll measurte them for you.
>
> Mike

Thanks.  I'm in need of the distance from the back of the block( not
backplate) to the front and rear of the mounting flange, the diameter of the
flange, the depth of the hole for the gearbox shaft and the distance from
the centre of the crank to the centre of the mounting holes ( or something
similar to compare bolt spacing).  It looks like a Maestro block with an
Ital crank and 1098 Morris/10CG Spridget flywheel will give a perfect setup
if the seal system and sump from the Maestro can be used.  Morris 1098
flywheels can be fitted with a clutch from the Ford Cortina that is designed
to run a 2000cc car.  Strong block, strong crank, better head cooling,
larger clutch, modern dizzy options, timing marks up where you can see them
and a good sealing system.

Lookin' good!

P.S.  I have photos for anyone interested in any of the above ideas