hard brake pedal

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: hard brake pedal
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 18:04:23 EST
Just finished changing all 3 brake hoses on my 74 midget and changed the
brake fluid. I've got a great pedal however it seems like the brakes are very
hard. Is this normal and am I spoiled to power discs? While on a test drive
(wonderful top down weather here in Tennessee) I could not get the wheels to
lock up (I know that's a bad thing to do). It doesn't pull to either side and
the pads and the shoes are in good shape. Could it be the DPO put on some
sort of cheap pads or something like that?
Thanks for the help
Bill R
74 Midget