Re: 1500 oil pressure

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>, <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 oil pressure
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 09:47:38 -0500
I put a set of Sun 1.5" gauges in a little panel under the left side of
the dash. Water temp, Oil press, and Ammeter (not hooked up, but it was
in the box). Last week changed the oil and put in Mobil 1 15/50. Now at
cold startup I get nearly 75 psi, around 45-50 at constant 70 mph, and
around 15 - 20 at idle when hot (195F thermostat). Prior to the oil
change I was getting 45 - 50 at hot cruising speed and about 15 - 20 at
idle.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 3/4/00 7:49 AM, DLancer7676@cs.com made the
profound statement:

>In a message dated 3/3/2000 8:07:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:
>
><< The one question I have now is, what sort
> of oil pressure is typical for the 1500 engine, both cold and hot? >>
>
>GerardL
>
>Have you installed an oil pressure guage in your 1500?   Mine just has the
>amber idiot light that says "Unlit" = OK, "Lit" = Trouble.  If you have
>installed a guage, can you give me some details as to what type, where you
>mounted it, etc.?  I know guages can be had from auto supply, and Whitney
>and
>other vendors, and installed but I would like input from someoine who has
>installed an after market guage as to the type and method.  Thanks!!
>
>--David C

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Administrator/Manager