Re: Some more work done

To: "Allen Hefner" <Ajhsys@aol.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Some more work done
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:08:18 -0500
IMHO Those bullet mirror have to be about the biggest aboninmation to
ever be perpetrated on the public by after market parts makers. They can
not be adjusted and they look like crap. Do not know what they cost but I
got a set of Baby Toranados from Slep Boys for about $20 ea. They are
great and have a blue tint that kills most glare. Something really
important when driving at night with Subdivision behind you.

Larry
remember my opinion is my own and I may be welcome to it and I plan to
keep my mouth open to be sure and share it.

At this exact moment in time 3/6/00 11:27 AM, Ajhsys@aol.com made the
profound statement:

>Another great weekend in Abington, PA.  Got two more jobs finished on the
>'77
>Midget.  I mounted the chrome bullet mirrors on the wings.  I had bought
>them
>because the car had no outside mirrors when I got it and mirrors are
>required
>for PA inspection.  I mounted them in the stock holes on the doors, but they
>were TOTALLY impossible to use.  They simply couldn't be adjusted to allow a
>rearward view, and even if you could adjust them, you would have to turn
>your
>head a full 90 degrees and look down.  BUT, they were legal in
>Pennsylvania!
>Now they are legal and useful.
>
>I also got the radio and speakers in.  I had replaced the radio in my
>Mitsubishi with a new Blaupunkt from Crutchfield and the old Mitsu stock
>radio seemed to be about the right size to fit the Midget.  It took a little
>doing, but it is mounted in the console and looks pretty good.  I have a
>pair
>of cheep KLH patio speakers sitting behind the seats (attached with velcro
>dircetly to the carpet) and it does sound pretty good.
>
>I spent a lot of Saturday driving the Midget from one thing to another, so
>it
>wasn't all a work weekend.  Next Saturday is pretty free so I hope to get
>the
>airhorns in.  Then Sunday is the swap meet in Norristown.  I'll be there
>early, but I can't stay long.
>
>Allen Hefner
>SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
>'77 Midget