windshield help needed

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: windshield help needed
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:56:11 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
To all listers with a favorite parts supplier:  HELP!
I punched out my broken windshield after cutting away the old gasket with
the reassurance from VB that the new glazing rubber was in the mail.

Now they inform me that they screwed up and there is not one in the mail,
and none on the shelf.  M*** Motors says, "no longer supplied", Mini mania
is backordered and probably in the same boat with Moss.

So now I have a new windshield, and empty frame and no way to mate the two.
Does anyone out there know where to get a bugeye windshield surround gasket?
I've called around and found nothing.  If VB hadn't misled me I'd at least
have the broken one still in the car.  As is, I'm parked in the garaged, and
totally screwed.
                                                Thanks, Glen Byrns