Re: gasoline pricing (small rant)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gasoline pricing (small rant)
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 08:08:50 EST
And just think, I am driving a 1979 Trans Am with a 403 BB Olds equipped with
a 4/bbl Quadrajet carb. I spend $10-15.00 per DAY on gas. That's not to
mention my wife's car, also a V8. At least hers has a 2/bbl. I have got to
get the Spitfire going while I work on the Sprite. At least the Spitfire gets
around 38 mpg. Gas prices in north Florida right now are $1.559 for regular,
$1.659 for mid-grade, and $1.759 for premium. Prices are expected to jump
another 20 cents at least in another month. They are saying the worst it will
get for now is $2.50 per gallon. The ones setting the fuel prices are
(blanking) crazy. Some people may be made of money but most people I know are
having a rough enough time making their bills without the gas prices
skyrocketing. First it was the cigarettes, now the gas, what's next.....the
air we breath. Anyway that's enough ranting for me. I'll crawl back into my
little hole and wait for someone to wake me when it's over.

Jamie
1962 AH Sprite MK II (under restoration)
1976 Spitfire 1500 (body shell parting out)
1978 Olds Cutlass Supreme (wife's car)
1979 Spitfire 1500 "Judas"
1979 Trans Am (back on the road again)
Web site links:  <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/mycar.html";>We
lcome to my british car site</A>
 Register your Sprite here: <A
HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/SpriteData.html";>Austin Healey
Sprite database</A>
 Register your Midget here: <A
HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/MidgetData.html";>MG Midget
database</A>

In a message dated 03/09/2000 12:14:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,