Re: gasoline pricing

Subject: Re: gasoline pricing
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 08:28:14 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
This should open a can of worms.

Despite my love for the automobile, it is the most inefficient form of mass
transportation.

The U.S. allowed the automobile to take precedence over every other form of mass
transportation and we continue to pay it's price: the cost to build and maintain
more and more roads, massive parking areas, traffic, pollution, SUV's and
pickups
to transport 1 person, the loss of town centers, high insurance costs, high fuel
costs which is minor in the scheme of things, and the list goes on.

Fuel prices will go up
And fuel prices will eventually go down.

The masses will continue to drive to the malls in their scaled down school buses
and complain that they can't park in the front row of the 10 acres of macadam.

Teenagers will continue to work at part time jobs to buy insurance and a car so
that they can get to work to pay for the insurance and maintenance on their

Rural residents will continue to complain about the narrow roads near the 100
unit
development they just moved in to and press for 30' wide streets in their place.

And on, and on, and on...

IMO, Our transportation problems in the U.S. extend far beyond the cost of fuel.

Jay Fishbein