Norristown swap meet

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Norristown swap meet
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 22:34:35 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Hey folks:

Glad I got a chance to meet several of the list folk this afternoon at the
swap meet.  FWIW, you all look exactly like I though you would.  Except for
Larry.  But the scarf tipped me off.

I picked up a copy of Austin Cars, a practical service guide for all Austin
models from 1932 - 1959.  Perhaps the brake section would have been of
interest to Frank!  Also picked up a Smiths combo guage and a Smiths oil
pressure guage, one of which will go in the '68 Sprite.  The chrome rings
looked rather sloppy sitting in the parts bins, but when I got back, I took
a plastic scrubbing pad and some windex to them and they cleaned up very
nicely.

Question about oil pressure guages:  When a functioning guage is
disconnected from the car, should the needle sit exactly at zero, or does
this one need to be rebuilt?

I was disappointed that there weren't more Spridget parts.  Perhaps all of
the good ones have been bought up already?  The only things I picked up that
I needed was a cover for my fuse block ($1.00), some set screws for the air
manifold injection ports on the Sprite ($1.00 each), and some Midget
postcards.  And I was hoping to see a bugeye bonnet, but the only thing I
came across was the grille.  And the purchase of the rest of the
basket-case-looking bugeye was required.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'68 Sprite