newer "old" minis was: New MG Car Company

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: newer "old" minis was: New MG Car Company
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 20:37:45 -0800charset="Windows-1252"
>>BMW will continue to make the "Old Mini" after it's planned September

Hey, do the newer minis, do they still have the 1275 engine? A series
engines? I know they are all modern now with Multi point Fuel Injection and
electronic ignition. Anybody else wonder about stripping the goodies and
adapting them onto a Spridget? I guess finding a wrecked one in the UK isn't
Impossible... hard yes... impossible no. I will probably be in the UK this
summer and I might take a look around. (obviously I'm going to take a BIG
look around anyhow heh.)

>>- that's a Shelby name and should be kept that way

Speaking of Shelby... I merged onto the freeway in my sprite this morning
and a big modern sleek truck let me in. It passed me and on the side there
was "SHELBY" and on the back was Carroll Shelby's signature.... Perhaps 10
real cobras just passed me at the same time? heh.

Later

Toby

71 FJ40
69 AH sprite