Need Body Panels

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Need Body Panels
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 06:29:55 EST
Hey Guys:

I need some body replacement panels.  Does anyone have any of these left over
from a project or is anyone a dealer who sells quality Made in England stuff?
 I bought some a few years ago from a Moss supplier in Ohio and the panels
were great. What I need are the LOWER right hand A-post, lower right-hand
A-post skin, and both rear wheel (square) arches, inner and outer.

Regarding the wheel arches, I want only the narrow replacement panel that
replaces ONLY the 2-3 inches around the wheel well, not the bigger fender
panel.  The catalogs I consulted, Moterhead, Moss, and VB had too much body
attached (meaning the panels consisted of most of the rear fender)--I really
don't want to break the integrity of the body by drilling out all the factory
welds on the rear panel.  I would rather replace just the piece around the
wheel well that is rusted out.

I have struggled with the decision as to whether to cut round wheel arches
out of a scrap body shell to replace in my square arch '67.  Vacillated back
and forth several times.  If I can get these narrow replacement panels, I
will go with the original square.  If not, I may go back to the RWA
replacement, since I know where I can get 2 RWA body shells for $100.
Anybody done this?  Any short-cuts/ideas?

Thanks for any replies.

--David C.