Re: Stuffy Brakes

To: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>, "Gerard Chateauvieux" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: Stuffy Brakes
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 08:23:39 -0600
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Whoa, Mike..... don't use vise grips... use the special tool or make one or
just use vise grips to hold 2 (two) 1/4'"- 1/2" diameter pipes or bolts or
something. The vise grips are a bit too sharp(?) and will damage the hoses
if they weren't damaged before. Another symptom of  plugged or collapsed
hoses is stuck-on brakes where they don't release. Test this by opening a
bleed screw and if the brake releases, the hose is at fault, almost always.
        Damaged/collapsed hose symptoms 1) Brakes won't bleed, no fluid at
screw.
2) spongy pedal 3) Brakes won't release.
        Hoses are cheap, replace them.
        Peter C
Jon, good catch, btw
---