Dipstick Tube

To: "Spridgeteers" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dipstick Tube
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:15:21 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
List,

Can anyone tell me the correct length of the plastic oil dipstick
tube? That is; how much of it should be protruding from where it is
inserted into the boss in the block of a 1275 motor.

Im reasonably sure that ours is broken and a bit shorter than it
should be, causing a false reading on the dipstick, or in other words,
actually overfilled when when reading max. Also the dipstick just kind
of rests in the tube with no positive feel of retention or clamping
notion...furthering my suspicion that the tube is broken off short of
original.

Someday I'll get around to ordering a new one, but for now if I knew
the proper tube dimensions I could accomodate for the missing bit of
tube.

Thanks,

Bill & Cindy