Re: Fw: Diamond trip "THE TRUE STORY"

To: Rick & Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Diamond trip "THE TRUE STORY"
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 22:32:19 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey thanks Rick. I'm glad you sent me an invite, it was a definately a fun
day. Yes we were all tired and evryone slept very well that night! The kids
weren't too tired to wash and gleam over their treasure though. I broke the
news to them aboutthe diamonds not being real, but Michael wrote about the
day for his creative writing assignment on Monday.

I didn't notice you up the road and I would have turned at that
intersection, but when I saw the MGA going that way I got confused thinking
they were headed for Sacramento. Crash waived me on to follow him and the
rest is history. As I said, the kids liked to detour and it really was
quite a beautiful drive. As you say, now I'm initiated!

Gerard

>Hi Gerard,
>
>Glad you made it home.  I'll bet you all were pretty tired by the time you got
>there.  I should have warned you about this group,  we seem to revel in
>the fact
>that when we get lost it's just another way to get where we are going.
>Actually
>if when you came to Lower Lake if you looked left about a quarter of a
>mile, we
>were setting on the side of the road.  I saw Crash and Mike(van) go
>through the
>light.  So I just pulled out and continued on our way figuring that you
>would see
>or at least hear Puddles.  Guess not though.  We have already named Crash
>"Lost
>and Found."  So, it looks like he was just doing his thing.  It was a
>beautiful
>day for a drive even with all the excursions everyone took.  Glad the kids
>enjoyed it.  I wanted to hear their teachers after this weekend when they told
>them of picking up diamonds all over the hillside.  "Sure you did," they would
>say" now take a seat children."  Hope to see you again, at any of our meets.
>
>SWAG has no dues or any other formalities, so if you want to claim
>membership, go
>right ahead.  We only ask for an interest in Spridgets, they don't even
>have to
>run.  So welcome to the club, you passed the initiation test.  You got
>lost with
>us.  You are now a standing member.  Raise your right hand do a little
>dance and
>you are in.
>
>Thanks again for joining us on the trip, your kids were the highlight of the
>trip.
>
>Rick
>
>Gerard Chateauvieux wrote:
>
>--
>52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
>60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby
>http://www.softcom.net/users/walters
>http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/4644

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A