Engine is Out - Good News

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine is Out - Good News
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:01:10 -0700
Greetings
I pulled the engine from the car last night and removed the clutch and
flywheel.  To my absolute delite the flywheel and clutch assembly are dry
with no oil traces at all.  (Only 2500 miles since rebuild) I had been very
concerned that it had been leaking through the rear "seal"  but it sure
appears that has not been the case.
There was a note on the list recently about oil pan leakage and that is
where I am going to look next.  I seem to recall that I cut the cork
gaskets to make them fit and somebody said that is a no-no.  The whole
underside of the car has lots of oil on it right from the front cross
member to the rear axle. (Never could figure out how oil from the back of
the engine could go forward.)

Dave
'72 Midget