Tach/Coil Connection

To: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tach/Coil Connection
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:14:00 -0600
In preparation of Spridgetstock 2000 I am getting off my ass and getting
some of the bits I have, actually put on the car. The 68 has always had
a freaky tach in that it would work fine as long as it was colder than a
well diggers ass (for Texas that is) but when the weather got warmer the
thing would peak out to 7 grand at 55 mph!!  Anyway, tonight I got my
original Lucas coil, that I scavenged from a 59 Bugeye, mounted in the
car. Now, would you believe, the tach works fine!! I have not yet had it
on the Highway as I must have knocked a wire loose mounting the oil
cooler and my headlamps are not working (tonight). Tomorrow I will get
it out and make sure this is not a fluke. What would cause such a
change? Could it have something to do with the coils normally being oil
filled and the cold weather makes the oil thicker thus worked better??
No clues here but I hope that it is solved.  Brad