Re: B Engine

To: DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: B Engine
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 07:35:51 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
David,

 From what I've gleaned over the years (i.e., no direct experience),
the B engine is too heavy for the power that it provides. I
understand that your question probably isn't whether the B is a
better engine for the spridget but rather is it possible to insert.
It's probably possible, but I guess I would sell or trade for a
decent 1275.

Jeff

At 7:02 AM -0500 3/31/00, DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:
>Aybody ever put the MGB engine, Tranny, and rear end into a Spridget? Is it
>impossible?  Too much cutting involved?  I have an MGB GT in my back
>yard--right hand drive--really rusty, but I think the engine, with some
>cleaning and freshening, and the tranny, etc., are good.  I have no title to
>this car so it is going to be strictly parts.  My other choice is to part it
>out on eBay.  Any thoughts about the B engine conversion will be appreciated.
>
>--David C.

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu