Re: Damn Good Community was "262 on list"

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, nbriggs@inet.guthrie.org, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Damn Good Community was "262 on list"
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:45:03 EST
In a message dated 3/31/00 9:27:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
type79@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Plus there are all of the
 others that offer experienced advice that saves us time and/or $ and
 interesting summaries of Spridget/LBC related experiences. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When I first found this list, about two years ago, what attracted me so much
was the level of enthusiasm about these cars.  I had not owned a British car
since the mid '70s, but I always liked them.  Since I was planning on
"someday" getting another sports car for rallying, I thought I'd lurk a while.

In less than a year I bought my Midget (from a lister).  I really didn't want
to buy one so fast, but I couldn't resist.

The simple stories about weekend drives, and about success (and failure) in a
repair job, and the obvious pride in a job well done, are what makes this
list a source of motivation for many of us.  If it were a technical forum
only, it would be no better than a Bentley manual.

Enjoy the rhetoric!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget