Re: More electrical

To: samesq@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: More electrical
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 10:54:39 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
samesq@pacbell.net writes:

<< > I'd truly appreciate it, Chris.  It is just above the fuse block,
mounted on
 > the firewall, next to the bonnet hinge.  Also, look at the wire loom below
 > the fuse block and see if you have a brown wire with a white tracer, and if
 > it's connected to anything.
 >
 > Is your car a California spec, federal, or UK model?  I believe they all
had
 > slightly different wiring circuits.

 I'll chime in.

 On my original Calif.  late model '79 with every piece of smog goodie on it,
 there is no "can" w/wiring, no provision or marks on the bulkhead for one,
and
 no single brown wire below the fuse block.  There is a set of two thick brown
 wires that go from the loom to the fuse block, with a flat fusible link
between
 them. >>

It appears that the 1977 Midget was a transition model.  The wiring diagram
is specific for '77 only.  I wouldn't doubt that they made modifications
within the 1977 year as well, so no two will be the same.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport