Billet crankshafts

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Billet crankshafts
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:25:56 +1000charset="iso-8859-1"
I am considering the notion of a billet (3130) stroker crank. A few
years ago, Dave Anton at APT was offering them at approx US$2000
but both I and Tony Bennetto at the Bugeye Barn have been unable to
get a response to email on price or availability.

I can get one made locally, it is a good quality product and the price is
in the general ballpark. However, I do want to check my options.

Anyone know of a supplier/manufacturer? US/UK/CAN are all OK
too.

This is obviously for a racecar. I am tired of being blasted off the face
of the earth by drivers with the big motors (This is in a modified class
where stroke and bore are free). I am running a +0.020" standard
stroke 1275 motor (1293cc), running against 1420+ ccs. The drive
out of the corners on these cars is phenomenal!

I do not want a stroker made from a Marina crank or from a  forging
blank (Joe Huffaker was using the forging blanks when I checked with
him a few years ago).

Thanks for any pointers,

Mike