Re: Polishing connecting rods?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, curt.onstott@orst.edu
Subject: Re: Polishing connecting rods?
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:41:24 -0700 (PDT)
Curt,

I don't know if it's that simple. You also need to take into consideration,
weight matching, and balancing. When I rebuilt my 1275, I had my crank rods,
and
flywheel all 'balanced'. When they did the rods, not only did they check that
they were all exactly the same weight, they also'balnaced' them. If I remember
correctly, this was done by resting the 'crank end of each rod on a digital
scale, while the wrist pin end was supported with a knife edge through the
wristpin hole. This was done while the rod was kept horizontal, or somewhere
between 10-30 degress from horizontal with the wrist pin side higher than the
crank side.
There may be some another lister who is more experienced with this procudure,
that can give the exact details.

Regards - Bryan Vandiver (59-bugeye)
San Jose, CA