Bugeye Brake Problem

To: "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugeye Brake Problem
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 05:34:28 -0500
Dear Group,
I am having a brake problem that is making me bugeyed. I converted the front
drum brakes on my 60 Sprite to disks and changed the 3/4 master cylinder to
a rebuilt 7/8 bore. The disk setup has rebuilt calipers, new rotors, new
hoses and pads. I also replaced the rear brake hose with new. The problem is
that when I step on the brake pedal, after about 4-5 pumps, the brakes lock
up - all 4 wheels and the brake lights come on and stay on. I thought I got
a bad rebuilt cylinder, so I had it replaced with another rebuild - same
problem! Since both rebuilds were from the same source, I found a NOS
cylinder and installed it - you guessed it - same problem! On all 3
cylinders, I have backed the push rod all the way out - no more adjustment.
Also, on all 3 cylinders, the clutch side worked perfectly. I can release
the pressure by  loosening any of the bleeders. Does anyone have any ideas -
I am all out. Please help!
Dave Camp
60 Sprite
79 Midget