Re: Spridgetstock hot sauce/ delete if not interested

To: toyman@digitex.net, conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spridgetstock hot sauce/ delete if not interested
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 07:59:44 EDT
In a message dated 4/22/2000 12:00:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
toyman@digitex.net writes:

<<

Brad:

I was interested in your hot sauce recipe.  I grow Habaneros, Cayennes,
Jalapenos, and other interesting chilis and make my own sauces--experimenting
is enjoyable!!   I will certainly try your sauce this summer when the peppers
are in and fresh.  You know how you go to a restaurant and get Jalapenos on
your sandwich and they are really not very hot?  Well try raising Jalapenos
next to Habaneros--the cross pollination you get results in a pretty fiery
Jalapeno.  My wife also grows the Cilantro in her herb garden.

One thing I will try with your recipe--I run my peppers through a really neat
strainer tool called the "Squeezo Straino".  This device is like a hand
turned meat grinder, but has a straining screen that you turn by hand and
through which the soft pulp is forced, while the skins and seeds run into
another pan nearly dry.  Using this device gives me a true "sauce" that can
be poured through the narrow mouths of the little pepper bottles.  The only
problem with this is that I think the sauce would have to be canned in
half-pint jars   rather than packed into the little bottles because there is
no vinegar to preserve the pepper/tomato/onion/garlic mix.

Anyway---thanx for the recipe.

--David C.