Go hug your LBC (mostly LGC, not much LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Go hug your LBC (mostly LGC, not much LBC)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 19:22:08 -0700 (PDT)
What's the longest it has ever taken you to change an
LBC water pump, 1/2 hr, an hour tops?

After holiday festivities, I went to do the water pump
on my '87 325iS (it lasted 13+ years, I got no quibble
there).  Remove 3 under car aero shrouds. Remove
radiator, remove fan shroud, remove fan and pulley
(32mm wrench, anyone?).  Remove fan lower pulley.
Remove every hose.  Remove alternator bracket.  Remove
crank acceleration sensor.  Remove various other
sensors and wires.  Remove harmonic balancer and
puller.  Remove cap and rotor and dust cover (ROTOR IS
HELD IN BY 3 ODD SIZE TORX SCREWS!!@!@#).  Remove
timing cover, upper half only.  Remove tensioner pin
and spring.  Remove water pump.  I'm done for the
night.  LBC tomorrow, by necessity.  Installation, as
they say, is supposed to be the reverse of removal.

Go hug your LBC.  Take solace in its simplicity.
Sometimes "better" is the enemy of "good enough".

=====
Ron Soave
"By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity. Another man's, I mean." -
Mark Twain

Find the REAL Larry at:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=64205&a=465433&p=17927032

http://invites.yahoo.com