5 Bugeyes

To: "'Spridgets@autox.team.net'" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 5 Bugeyes
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:34:20 -0600
I went to see a guy in Denver last week who was selling  5 Bugeys . He is a
very nice man , but like many of us , is delusional about the worth of these
cars . His best car is a white ' 59 , pretty stock , 948 cc , original dash
, drum brakes , " Radiomobile " radio, between average and nice condition.
It has not been driven in 4 + years . He is asking 13K . He has two ' 58 's
. The better one is in primmer , looks complete,
very grubby engine bay , floor boards rusted out , god knows what other rust
horrors covered in bondo . Driver and passenger compartment piled high with
Sprite junk . Asking 5K !!! The second ' 58 is a low # car.
Stored outside since before Christ . Doors rusted shut , every panel smashed
and bashed , repaired , and resmashed . Inch thick Bondo falling off in
giant sheets. " A good restoration project " Asking 1.8K  Next is my pick of
the litter. ' 59 , 70 % disassembled , good Tub , the rest of the car in old
boxes around the house. Asking 5K . He would not talk about selling parts ,
like his nice DHMC hard top . He would prefer to sell all the cars as a
complete collection. My wife says that he still loves the cars and is not
really ready to sell. His wife may have something to say about that. If any
of you folks want to talk with this guy , let me know and I will give you
his phone number.
Mark Hanna
AN5