Frontline Conversion Comments

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Frontline Conversion Comments
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 10:50:28 -0700
What a world of difference.  I have just completed the front
shocks.  The highway near my house was undriveable with the
original shocks that were worn out.  I took the car up to 3700 RPM
in fifth with the datsun 5 speed and a 1275.  I think that is around
75 and it was rock solid.  I actually got out of the slow lane and
passed a few cars.

Hwy 101 thru gilroy and most of the bay area has a sort of steady
repitious bumpyness.  When I originally tried a one mile stretch
of it, I had to slow to about 40 to get control of the car.

A couple of questions.  I plan on autocrossing later in the month
and was wondering if anyone does this on stock rims, and if they
do what tire is best.  I did check the archives and it seems as
though most who do this get different rims.  That is not out of
the question but probably not for this month.  Also does anyone
have a link to some good, but not to expensive, rims that fit these
little cars of the size for autocrossing.  I guess replies should
go just to me since the rest of the list probably does not want
to hear another discussion of tire sizes.

Also is my math about right.  3700RPM = 75mph.  I am basing on
driving next to a guy who waved when we got to 55 and that was
2700RPM.  Who knows how accurate his speedo was.

Thanks to the list and John at waterloo,

Dan Mullis