Relevant Geico email regarding my Austin Healed

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Relevant Geico email regarding my Austin Healed
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 18:56:48 -0700 (PDT)
Just for grins, I checked with Geico to see what it
would cost to insure the Bugeye "normally" on my
existing policy because of the the recent thr*ad.
They sent me this regarding the "Austin Healed"
Sprite":

Thank you for your Internet request.
If you were to add the 1960 Austin  Healed to your
policy, your six-month
premium would be $126.90. This quote was completed
without Comprehensive and
Collision coverage. In order to add these coverages to
this quote, we would
need the cost new of the vehicle. This is something
you may want toreconsider.
GEICO only pays the actual cash value of the vehicle.
This is the cost new
less depreciation. Vehicles like the Austin Healed and
your 72 MG are
usually worth far more to their owners than the people
that decide their
monetary value. It may not be cost effective for you
to carry this coverage
on either vehicle. Please check with your bank or even
the library to find
out the "book" value of these cars so you can make an
educated decision on
this matter.

=====
Ron Soave