Midget 1500 Clutch Slave fittings

Subject: Midget 1500 Clutch Slave fittings
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 20:46:40 -0500
I found out why the clutch on my new 77 Midget
won't bleed:  There is a leak at the connection
just before the cylinder.  It seems that there is
a solid pipe from the master to the tunnel.  Then
there's a fitting and an elbow piece that screws
into the slave.  It's the fittings on the elbow
piece that are leaking.

This appears to be a Swage-lok fitting.  Is this
correct for the Midget 1500?  I'm used to seeing
flared fittings on MGs I guess.  I need to replace
it, but I need to know if Swage-lok is correct.
It appears to be home-made (poorly-cut pipe).

If not, I have a source for fittings of this type
at work and could make a new one.  I'll have to
find out if these are suitable for brake fluid
(they're used for refrigerant).

Thanks.

--
Tyson Sherman