Interesting item on eBay web site item#344391767: Alloy Valve Cover Aust

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Interesting item on eBay web site item#344391767: Alloy Valve Cover Austin Healey Sprite Bugeye
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 03 53 29 PDT
Oh the wonder of ebay. Last year, the same model cast aluminmum valve cover
gets only one bid $48.00. Today two bidders duke it out for the privelege to
pay $255.00 for one that needs work. (What are the characters for a shaking
head?
Jay Fishbein
Wallingford, CT

Title of item:  Alloy Valve Cover Austin Healey Sprite Bugeye
Seller: michaelthomas5@hotmail.com
Starts: May-28-00 20:06:11 PDT
Ends:   Jun-07-00 20:06:11 PDT
Price:  Currently $255.79
To bid on the item, go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=344391767

Item Description:
        Here is a vintage item I've found in my garage clean-up this year. The
item is a sand-cast aluminum alloy valve cover from the old days. I like the
way they used to run the cooling fins over the edge. This item is very clean
inside and looks as if it has had little use. As you can see it says "SPRITE"
on top of it, and seeing that I'm down to one MG Midget these days, this cover
needs a new home on a Sprite. The cover has a breather cap (that rotates) and
although I'm sure it was made in the "948" days, it should fit all A-Series
engines through the 1275. There are no cracks, warps, chips, or anything else
wrong with it. A nice piece for those of you (like me) who want to keep it
period looking. Please e-mail with any questions you might have.

        Visit eBay, the world's largest Personal Trading Community at
http://www.ebay.com