Re: Mixture fun with SUs

To: "Soup Weed" <soupweed@hotmail.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mixture fun with SUs
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 13:07:04 -0500
At 11:36 AM 6/9/2000, Soup Weed wrote:
>Hey List People,
>The only problem that i had was that when adjusting the carbs all the way in
>and then backing them out 2 1/2 rotations, one carb would be richer then the
>other.

Chris, is it possible you "adjusted the jets all the way in" (as you say),
rather then just adjusting them so that the top of the jet is flush with
the carb bottom? The "start point" is that the top of the jet is level with
the "bridge" in the carb throat... then it is 2-1/2 turns down. You'll
notice that quite often if you adjust the jet all the way up, that they
wont protrude equally into the carb throat. I think that may be what you
are experiencing... you weren't starting at the same point between the 2 carbs.
         Peter C
.. or am I "stirring up a can of worms" (John Rocker)