Re: "clown cars..."

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "clown cars..."
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 09:25:17 EDT
In a message dated 6/10/00 8:50:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu writes:

<< Got ya beat. I took a party of 9 across town for a picnic.  >>
             Enroute to the annual clown convention picnic?  I never had more
than 3 or 4 in a Midg at once, but.... I did move a  12x24  foot 400 pound
aluminum patio/carport roof   3 blocks in my neighborhood (including 2 really
tight turns and crossing 2 speed bumps) using the Mini Cooper as a "float
tractor" because it was the only logical choice....   Four guys on each
corner, a pair of rolled up carpet runners on the roof with four 12 foot 2x4s
 for balance and to keep the roof from caving in.. We used my kid's walkie
talkie so the "lead clown" could tell me which way and when to turn, because
I couldn;t see a thing.....  Kids and some adults started walking and riding
bikes with us - a regular first and final  Carnation (Ave)  Carport
Parade.... We pulled into my driveway, and about 30 seconds later, a  pair of
lights and sirens cop cars drove by - something that probably never happened
before or since....... speculation was that someone had called to say that a
house was being stolen a piece at a time.....
                         Mark Childers