AAA! RE: 1500 for 1275 swap

To: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: AAA! RE: 1500 for 1275 swap
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:31:51 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
You knew I couldn't hold out much longer...  :-)

We all know some people will never admit that there was anything good about
the 1500 engine or rubber bumpers.  Other people don't like the 1275 engine.
We could debate for months.  Since all this is based on opinion, nobody is
right.  The 1500 came from a Triumph...the Midget was more or less a
rebadged Sprite.  Lotus shared some parts with Jag.  Mercurys are Fords.
Acuras are Hondas.  MGBGTs aren't convertibles.  MG lasted further into the
century than Austin Healey.  Why do you drive on a parkway and park on a
driveway?

I am right there with Larry.  I have been paced many times in stock 1500
midgets going in excess of 90MPH with sub-redline RPMs.  I have driven a
1500 engine 1100 mile round trips once a month over the course of a year
going 80-85MPH getting 32 MPG and never even using oil.  I have (at a much
younger age) drag raced V8 Mustangs and beat them off the line.  I know my
speedometers were correct.  Frank spun a bearing after 11,000 miles.  Sh*t
happens.

I like Bugeyes.  I like Sprites.  I like RWA Midgets.  I like the CB-non RWA
Midgets.  I like RB Midgets.  In general, I like LBCs, regardless of what
other car they share their doorhandles with.

adrian