T-Shirt Stuff \ Spridget Horrors longish

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: T-Shirt Stuff \ Spridget Horrors longish
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:32:26 -0700charset="Windows-1252"
Sorry for the delays I've been really busy with finals... (engineering final
tomorrow! 3 hours or more) and this new full time job isn't helping things
go any faster. Seems every time I get outa work (around now) the post office
and printer are closed... how convenient for them.

Meanwhile my Sprites head is at the machine shop. My water in the oil
problem
(see http://www.supertechsport.com/spridget/pics/oil1.jpg
or
http://www.supertechsport.com/spridget/pics/oil2.jpg if you like to be
scared).

    The head checked out OK (no cracks) besides some 2 valves that need
replacing and the valve seats need to get the hardened inserts to run the
unleaded gas. And I'm getting a head job done while the head is off. (Took
only 30 min to get the head off its great!) The machine shop dude (his name
is also Toby) thinks the head gasket rotted out and that is what is causing
the water in the oil but I have my doubts. I really hope that the problem is
as simple as that. Remember I was getting excellent compression on all 4
cylinders but massive amounts of water was getting into the oil system...
and a little oil was getting into the cooling system. Any other theories? I
have cleaned out my engine bay quite a bit and degreased allot to try to
spot some nasty problem on the engine block or something... but nothing so
far. I also prepped the deck of the block and cleaned it thoroughly yet
gently (razor blade to the deck followed by some 2000 grit sand paper soaked
in thinner... is that too harsh??) . Those dished pistons really are cool. I
am still trying to decide weather to go for a fel pro head gasket kit... or
get one of those copper dealies... we will see.

T-shirt wise.
I have been talking back and forth with the printer for the past 2 weeks off
and on. I shipped out a few shirts that got done quickly last week. Seems
like the printer finally got his order in for the blank shirts and I should
be shipping out the rest of the shirts this Saturday when I don't have
work\school.

Sorry for the delay... I try to follow the list... but sometimes it gets
crazy. Best send direct to my NEW home e-mail addy

tobyatwater@home.com <--------- personal e-mail   (this one)
tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com    <---------- Automobile e-mail (or this
one)
tob@sb.net  <----------- home e-mail
toby@intri-plex.com    <--------- new work e-mail

*@WorldNet.att.net no longer is working..... I have hi speed internet access
and I aint dialing up ever again.

Thanks again for all your help... have patience for your T-shirts and
polos... they will ship soon.

Toby
71 FJ40
69 AH sprite
63 Peugeot 404 maybe. (thinking of buying... needs restoration and parts are
really made out of French unobtainium... very rare.) For my Mom.
69 MG Midget (also thinking about this cheap Midget. not much rust... no
engine for dirt Cheap. It might be really fun car for an engine
transplant... that Toyota engine swap really looks fun. It would be an evil
midget. For my GF.

Toby