Re: Optional Equipment RE: AAA! RE: 1500 for 1275 swap

To: adrian@workgroup.net, JOHN.D.LUNDY@saic.com
Subject: Re: Optional Equipment RE: AAA! RE: 1500 for 1275 swap
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:41:53 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/13/2000 11:27:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
adrian@workgroup.net writes:

<< The afterburner switch was optional.  According to AOSP (Adrian's Original
 Sprite & Midget, All Rights Reserved), it was a $75 factory installed option
 for the years 1975-1979. It was actually a type of turbo, and basically it
 worked by using the front rubber bumper as a ram, forcing air up the
 clothes-dryer-vent-hose and into the heater, where it was installed.  The
 heater fan double-dutied to give extra oomph

 The ejection seats were also an option,  >>

Adrian!!  My '70 RB has both these options!!  I swear it does!  And a dryer
tub installed into the heater, which is useful for drying my shirts after a
rainstorm!  Thanks for clarifying that as a factory option and not a DPO
addition!

--David C.